Friday, August 13, 2010

Winding down

We just checked out of our flats at Hermits Croft and schlepped our stuff over to Pollock Halls - just up the street. Hermits Croft is only a weekly, Friday to Friday rental, so we had to move for the last couple days.

We've got two more performances left. Though we've had a total of seven reviewers see both shows, I've only been able to find the few we've already passed along. The List came yesterday and they requested a press photo, so I'm thinking something should show up on line today.

Shows have been good, but I can see the casts energy waning. We keep pushing though RIGHT UP TO THE END. Audiences remain small, especially for "Winner by Submission" and we still have the occasional person walk out mid performance. Wasn't exactly what I had in mind for "moving" production.

6 comments:

  1. Two more shows, well there is still hope in filling those seats! You guys have all worked hard and the two days in London will be an even better reward for all the hard work! Hope the last to performances are spectacular and you live it up in London, remember you earned this trip. You all worked extremely hard to get there and extremely hard when you got there now, go have some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am sure you all are just about totally exhausted! I'm proud of you for sticking with it, even when things aren't going as planned. And man oh man, I can hardly wait until Tuesday evening! Have a ton of fun in London. Don't forget to buy souvenirs for those of us back home. :-) Way to go RED CHAIR PLAYERS WEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys all rock!! You are an inspiration to teens everywhere!! Congratulations to all of you for all your hard work and determination!! The people that don't come and fill those seats will be missing out on two very awesome plays!! Their loss!! Keep up all the great work and have a blast in London!!(And Kymm...Thank you for not falling from that pole)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quash the disappointment..feel the burn. Huh?
    I've looked for reviews and could not find more.
    Your *off-broadway* run must be exhausting! Did anyone take up meditation recently? Hints at re-energizing Mike et al? And, speaking of Et Al, did anyone et the haggus? And did they et all of it? We will have millions of questions for you guys upon your return. I hope you can breathe deeply, a refreshing breath of renewed spirit and energy, and enjoy the conclusion of your luminous gem of a journey. -John

    ReplyDelete
  5. (More likely your *off-off-off-off-off....off-broadway* run with the stars!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you guys visit London, have fun! I remember a fancier of Dick Frances novels traveled London after reading a couple DFs that plotted in London...(Ooh! Here's the town square the villian drove through!) How fun it is to retrace the steps of writers of fiction-and history. Not to mention the makers, too. The fringe has hundreds of shows/acts daily and I think it is an exciting thing that you all played a part, so to speak. Imagine a non-player who wants to see a show at Fringe- how can they decide? So many shows; I bet convenience and geo nearness play a big part. Walk twenty steps or check the map and walk 8 blocks? All of you deserve to feel satisfied about the journey, and with a day of rest, with a big smile of recollection.

    ReplyDelete