Thursday, September 2, 2010

Two weeks later...

Well, the Edinburgh Fringe Festival is over, little more than left over posters and flyers (you know, I wonder if anyone's been able to excavate out any of our posters from underneath the mounds of postured over places on the Royal Mile?).

At last the the laundry is done and we've returned to the routines of home, even gearing up for a new school year, which, if you're like me, has consumed much of my time and energy since we got back. Still, I find myself transported back to our time in Scotland and I can't help but want to reflect a little before letting it go entirely.

We had an amazing trip. Note that it wasn't easy or relaxing. It was amazing. I flipped back through the reviews, the picture, sped through the videos you all shot while you were up late or out "flying" and there's just no better word for it. Amazing.

In some respects I regret our decision to take on two shows a day - it was a lot of work and a lot o stress. But, with the luxury of two weeks gone by, another part of me is proud that we did. We took on a schedule that pre-professionals and professionals do. We put ourselves all the way out there, no apologies, no safety nets. I remember Jon's amazement (you remember him? The writer who came up from London to see our shows and then spoke with you all afterwards), blown away not only by the material, but your professional take on it. Your work, your growth, your talent. And the experience: "you are so lucky to have this experience as real performers at the Fring Festival. It will change your life."

And to me that change was so deeply apparent in all of you. Some of us were crippled a bit by the work, but most of you became REAL performerms, REAL actors and actresses. Janne, Haley, Davis, Kymm, Michael, Stefhani, Ian, Mickey turned in some INCREDIBLE performances at the end, showing significant growth and Ben, Ducky, and even Kiran produced some of their best moments on stage during our 22 performance run. Truly something to be powerfully proud of.

I already hear from Janne that he's going back next year. I don't think I can think that far ahead, but I am going back. Ya see, Bill's got this new show that's just amazing!!! (and silently as my wife reads this post over my shoulder, she cringes...)

I've put up the last of my pictures - hopefully you'll be willing to share yours as well and will upload them to the site. See you at "Caesar" auditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment